Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blessed be the name of Mary, Virgin and Mother!

Mary, most prudent, Mother of the Church: Pray for us!
I owe so much to Mary...she is certainly my queen, my sister, my Mother, my friend. She helps me to grow close to her Son Jesus, and where she is, He is never far from her. Today when I was in my Holy Hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament, I decided to pray a rosary. I have to say, it is one of the forms of prayer that I struggle to be consistent in doing, especially individually. I love praying the rosary in a big group or with a friend, but it is harder for me to do it as a personal devotion. I am really striving in this, because I know how much it pleases her and it pleases Our Lord to meditate upon the mysteries of the lives of Jesus & Mary.
I recently read a quote by St. Josemaria Escriva which has stuck with me: "Blessed be that monotony of Hail Marys which purifies the monotony of your sins!"
The rosary can seem monotonous at times, believe me, I know. But faith, is not some sort of culmination of our emotions or feelings. Don't pray the rosary because you feel like it, but rather, pray the rosary because our Lord is good and deserving of all praise and honor. Remember, "Love covers a multitude of sins" and what better way to love than by praying for forgiveness, healing, and peace. Honor Mary, and learn her ways, so that you might conform your will in imitation of the way she accepted all things the Lord had in store for her.
On October 6, 2012, Bill and I will be married. Our first full day as husband and wife, October 7, is the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. It isn't mere coincidence that we chose this date. Bill and I want to honor Mary as we enter into the sacrament of marriage. Mary is a model for me as I strive to be a holy wife and mother, and I so much admire the relationship that Bill has with Our Lady, as his advocate, Mother, and intercessor. The rosary will certainly be a family devotion for us, as it has already been critical and life-giving during our relationship and engagement. So pray your rosary today! And God bless you!

No comments: